Monday, January 21, 2013

It begins....

That whirling dervish of a wife of mine is finally done! Says "it's a wrap" as she plods up to bed worn out from shear excitement. Her bag is packed and weighs in at 44 lbs and she's not happy! Says that's only 6 pounds of shopping she can bring back... poor dear she is just beside herself.

My bag on the other hand was only 36 lbs because I vowed not to bring so much stuff on this trip.... so you all know what that means.... yep she now has 20 pounds available! Now she can sleep.

We are battling the fog out on the west coast as both Victoria, Seattle and Vancouver have low visibilty for aircraft operations. Lots of flights cancelled today but tomorrow is looking more promising as our plane is already here in Victoria... lower takeoff limits etc. should equal a departure... but hey what do I know ;-)

I managed to get my IMAC and GPS to actually communicate and have install various maps, geocaches & waypoints on to the trusty E-Trex Vista C. Of course I had to set our first waypoint which is the Lazy Parrot.


Hopefully the next update should come from Seattle as we work our way across North America to San Juan, Puerto Rico. I am off to bed myself as the alarm clock (Kelly's) goes off very early.

No comments:

Post a Comment